Monday, December 21, 2009

Do You Care? $9,002.70 worth!


Absolutely! If this doesn't speak for just how much each of you care about these children, I don't know what does?!?!

We have reached the $9,000 mark and surpassed it, and we still have 10 days left in 2009.
If any one had asked me back in February & March when I was still working to get all of the ideas and things together how much I thought we would raise for the year... I may have said $1,000. I don't know. I can tell you that I never expected you all to come through like you did.

Why didn't I think that a group of people could raise so much money? Well, first of all, in this world it seems like most people are focused on themselves. It is all about how much they can get for themselves, or "What's in it for me?" These fundraisers give nothing physical to the donor except feelings that they are helping someone else.

With that much money having been donated in 9 months, we should have a whole lot of people walking around with those "feelings". It's not a new car that you can parade in front of your co-workers or a multi-million dollar mansion to show everyone "you have arrived". It is only the feelings that you have inside for what you have done. I am sure they are shining through and rubbing off on those around you!

There is a song that we sang in church when I was growing up. It is very appropriate here. This is how it goes:

"Because I have been given much, I too must give,
Because of Thy great bounty Lord each day I live!
I shall divide my gifts from Thee
With every brother that I see
Who has the need of help from me

Because I have been sheltered, fed by thy good care,
I cannot see another’s lack and I not share-
my glowing fire, my loaf of bread-
my roof’s safe shelter over head,
that he too may be comforted.

Because I have been blessed by Thy great love dear Lord,
I’ll share thy love again according to thy word.
I shall give love to those in need.
I’ll show that love by word and deed,
thus shall my thanks be thanks indeed."

And, nothing more needs to be said- You ALL are living it!

2 comments:

Shay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shay said...

A powerful song, thank you for sharing, Heather. God bless.