Monday, December 14, 2009

Upcoming Fundraisers

This is just a reminder that tomorrow I will be posting the list of the new upcoming fundraisers (crossing my fingers). I need to hear from everyone who wants a fundraiser on the upcoming list by today! If you don't make it on the list, you can still be added at a later time (but everyone who responded first will be in front of yours). I am not assuming that anyone wants to continue with the fundraisers and have an additional one unless you tell me so.

Also, if you have a fundraiser coming up, I need your pics, breakdown & write up if you haven't already sent them. I need to get these by the 18th. For those of you on this list: Stephanie, Wilfredo, and Camille, I need to hear from you by that date in order to keep you on the list. (you each should have a personal e-mail from me, so just respond by Friday)

Several of you have asked for your donation totals, and I know we need them to check the 25% rule. I will be doing the tedious job of adding up each person's donations, and then, I will post the list so you will know how far you have to go to get your project launched. IF for some reason, the 25% is not reached at the time when your project is supposed to launch, you will be bumped back and the next person in line will go before yours (until the amount is donated). This will keep everyone helping everyone, and that is the whole purpose of this group~ The point is alone we may be able to do a couple of things for our children, but together we can change the world!

A recommendation as well is that for the next fundraisers we try as hard as we can to set the family up with an IGP. We want to give them the power to help themselves, and the satisfaction that comes from it. Sometimes, an IGP can not be done (I can think of a couple of cases) because the parents are illiterate or there are no parents. In the case of an illiterate parent, it is possible to set them up with the educational training, if they want the help. The education will allow them to succeed in life, and imagine how much more powerful they will feel if they can do basic math & read and write!!

Now, I am going to get to work on these numbers. I don't think I will get every one's donations sorted out until later in the week, but I will be posted the updated fundraiser list tomorrow... Stay tuned!

***Also, as I add up the numbers in the amount that each person has donated, if you do not have a fundraiser coming up, I will not be adding yours up. After I come up with your total, it will go like this (an example):

Person A had a fundraiser in June for $250
Now, Person A would like another fundraiser in this 2010 round for $300
The total in Make a Change fundraisers for Person A is: $550

Person A needs to have donated 25% of that amount before their 2010 fundraiser can start. Amount needed to be donated: $137.50

Now, remember, this amount that has to be donated to other people's fundraisers (not donations to your own) to be counted.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

I agree the IGP and educaitonal assistance really helps. I sent some funds for Luz's (age 9) sister Ana (age 17) to complete her high school education. She had to drop out because their father passed away, which led to a decrease in income. I hope that with her high school education she will be able to get a better job and assit her family. This may help the family quicker rather than wait for Luz (age 9) to complete her education. I may also help her get a trade after depending on the cost.