Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Letter from Marelyn


A post by Barbara:
Here is another duty letter from Marelyn. The bold is the formal letter part.

Esteemed Ms Rogers (she has never been so formal before.)

I am so happy to have such a friend like you because: You are a kind and loving person. I am happy to have someone who cares about me.
Now I will tell you more about myself: I like very much to attend school, to do my homework, have many friends, and help my Mum.[Is this child for real?] I am an active child and I want to be somebody important in my life.
I would like to tell you that on weekends: I visit my family, I attend church, I like to go to the park to eat an ice-cream particularly a cheese and blackberry icecream.
I say goodbye to you hoping that: this letter finds you keeping healthy. May God bless you today and always. With lots of love.

Marelyn

On the back of the form are listed 'my favourite activities' and Marelyn has ticked off all of them except 'playing with toy cars'. She did tick off 'singing, drawing, flying kites, playing with dolls, dancing, playing with jacks, doing chores, doing my homework, visiting my relatives and attending school. So she appears to be a well-rounded young girl.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That is great! Thank you for sharing!