Thursday, May 13, 2010

MIC Group Update!


The MIC group has done pretty well with the sales on this blog. We have raised almost $200 in one month's time! I sent the last of the money from the sales yesterday- $60 plus the $8.55 wire fee. This money will be divided among the 30 women. I know there is still a long way to go, but the women and families are very appreciative of what we have done so far. Most of the bracelets have sold, so I will be posting more soon.

My temporary job is now over, so I will be able to catch up a little bit over the next few days. If you are still looking to purchase necklaces and bracelets, stay tuned for more great deals!

Hellen is doing much better now though she still feels dizzy. After several tests, the doctors have concluded that her pain is from her long battle with malaria, and with time she should feel better. She still needs to eat high protein food to help her body recover.

For those who don't know, Innocent (her brother) has been helping with everything MIC related while his sister has been sick. The last time I sent money, it was raining very hard and mud was every where. He had an accident and dislocated his hip bone! He has not been able to help with the group since then because now he is trying to heal!

All of this has kind of left everything up in the air as far as packages being sent and money being picked up. Once I knew that Hellen would be able to pick up a moneygram, I sent her the last of the money raised. She picked it up this morning.

Everything should slowly start getting back to normal. They both still have more recovery ahead, but at least they can do some things. I will keep everyone posted on any changes. Thank you for all you are doing for this group!

No comments: