Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Christmas Package for Kevin Bryan

You may remember my sponsor child Kevin Bryan in Ecuador. He is the child I share with Mack. It is so nice to share the sponsorship fees, take turns sending packages (it's my turn next), and the letter-writing responsibilities.
I wanted to sponsor him because my oldest brother's name is Bryan, and coincidentally, my youngest brother whose name is Kevin is on a mission in the state of Washington (where Mack lives). It was meant to be!
I don't have the money to send any of my kids packages for Christmas this year. Luckily, Mack wanted to send Kevin something. She filled up a box with items for Kevin (and her other child in Ecuador- Katherine), and then, she sent me a picture of what she put in the box.
This is what she sent him:


From top left:

A couple of those soccer field sticker sheets
A paddleball game set
An electronic soccer game
"Huevos verde y Jamon" by Dr. Suess
A cloth lunch box with Disney characters playing basketball
A baggie full of little soccer ball toys
Two big balloons
An anime (I don't remember the cartoon) pencil box + lots of colorful pencils/erasers
A pair of sports shorts
A really cool Animal Planet t-shirt with a spider on the front

After she took the photo, she found that she had some extra room, so she added:

A box of crayons
A little stuffed dog in a Santa hat
A set of two soccer ball tree ornaments (silly, I know ... unless they have evergreens in Ecuador?)

No comments: