Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Library for Christian Upliftment Primary School!!







How many books can you buy for $50? If you are buying them for the Christian Upliftment Primary School, you can have close to 50!! I have agreed to donate books to the school, so that the children will have access to books. The books are completely free, because I am giving them and asking for nothing in return...
So, how did we get to the $50 figure? Well, somehow we have to get the books from Dallas, Texas to Kampala, Uganda. I can send a large flat rate box to Uganda for $51.25. I can send as many books as can fit into the flat rate box for that one price.
This morning, Rachel sent a $50 donation to my paypal account, and I got busy packing up the books. All of the books you see above will be included in her box to the school. There are 48 total, and are for preschool age to middle school. Some of the books included are a picture dictionary, Junior Great readers, and textbook readers for the younger kids. The package weighs a total of 14 pounds!!
Don't worry, there is still time for you to help. I will send out each package of books as soon as $50 is raised. You can donate a small amount or the whole amount. Your name will be included in a memo to Helen, and you will get to see the books you personally sent!!!
To send a payment via paypal, send it to my e-mail address: hhamilton2002@hotmail.com
Thank you, Rachel, for donating 14 pounds of books to the students at CUS!!!

No comments: