Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Check these out!!! I LOVE my girls!!

The top necklace has a charm that holds a picture & the necklace below has a charm with a word or encouragement on it.



My dear 5 year old, Jaden, is so compassionate- I hope she never loses her desire to help others!! She has been asking me when Jonathan's "abuelita" will have the money to start her business. Every other day, I update her on how much closer his fundraiser is to completion. At the beginning of the week this week, I told her about Robyn's sponsored child never getting his request in, and how we are going to have Maria and Ullysette go in front of Jonathan because they are technically first in line ahead of us.
Well, Jaden can't stand sitting by and waiting for something to happen (I don't know where she gets that from!!!!) She was searching the house for things she could sell to get money for Jonathan. While she was searching, I was racking my brain trying to come up with ideas on what she could do without giving away items that are hers.
I saw this "how-to", and came up with the idea of her making necklaces to sell. I made I don't know how many beads (hundreds), and then, bought some of the other things needed for the necklaces. I was making beads all week long.
Today, Jaden and Morgan started putting together the necklaces. The sequences and colors that they put together are amazing! I was pleasantly surprised to see BEAUTIFUL jewelry in front of my eyes!!! These are gift-giving quality made by a 5 and 2 year old!!! The only thing that I had to do was tie them and add the charms, and the girls did the rest. I added a photo charm to one of them, and have decided I will be giving one of the photo necklaces to the mothers/guardians of my sponsor kids for Christmas with their child's picture inside.
We are having a sale on Saturday outside our home to HOPEFULLY get these fundraisers moving. I can't decide on the prices. This is my thought:
Necklaces with a photo charm: $7
Necklaces with a regular charm: $6
Plain Necklaces: $5
What do you all think?

1 comment:

2raine said...

Wow, Jaden and Morgan did a awesome job. The prize seem reasonsble. Good luck girls