Sunday, October 11, 2009

Getting Ready for Steve's Trip to Mexico


Steve will be leaving for Mexico in a week and a half. He has agreed to meet with my dear Brayan and our group child Paola. Last time, when he went to Guatemala, it didn't cross my mind to ask him to bring a letter or small momento to Yessica. This time, I was more prepared. Last night, I gathered up my items for Brayan and packed them into a flat rate priority box to ship to Steve. He will get the package this week, and take it with him to Mexico to hand deliver to Brayan. This is what I put into the box for 6 year old Brayan, his 3 year old brother Brandon and their mother:

* 1 bilingual English/Spanish children's laptop

* 1 necklace for his mother

* 1 box of markers

* 2 boxes of crayons

* 2 watercolor paint sets

* 2 bilingual English/Spanish board books

* 2 Magnetic play sets

* 1 Hot Wheels Coloring Book

* 1 small LEGO kit

* 1 sticker book of over 400 Disney Pixar Cars stickers

* 2 lollipops

* 1 outdoor net ball set

Now, speaking of Brayan, I will share with you his latest letter:

Dear Heather,

My family is doing fine, and I like to play soccer. My favorite soccer team is called "Aguillas del America". I'm back in school now and in 2nd grade. I love to read, draw, sing and watch cartoons and movies on TV. I like to watch movies with Japonese characters on them and movies about talents. It made me very glad that you like the pictures of my family. We send you lots of love.

Brayan

***Small side note: Paola's package is being sent to Steve seperately. Once I have that package together, I will post the same about her package contents.

No comments: