Saturday, October 31, 2009

Spending Halloween with friends




Isn't it amazing how just 2 years ago the google groupers didn't know each other? Then, slowly, as the google group was formed, friendships formed as well. Bound by something that others can not understand (not even our closest friends and family), we have turned to each other to share our sponsorship stories. Some, like Mack, can share sponsorship stories with their parents and relatives. Others, like myself, have to keep all of my great stories shut inside until I get around this great group. To say that my husband, parents, all of my relatives, and even closest friends, don't support me in sponsorship would be the understatement of the year!!!

Thank God (and Google) for our Google Group friends!!! We get to meet up and travel together, exchange e-mails and stories... And become a different kind of family.

For those of you who don't know Mack, she lives in the state of Washington, which is a hop, skip and a jump from Canada.

Barbara lives in British Colombia Canada. Logisitics have allowed Mack & Barbara to meet on a couple of occasions. Today was one such occasion-

Mack & Barbara met in Vancouver for lunch! It looks like a scarey scarecrow joined them at the table, too!

1 comment:

Efrain said...

Hi Heather. Precisely, I spent the whole of Halloween with Eva and her husband. They came to Puerto Rico and walked around Old San Juan visiting El Castillo de San Cristobal de Sotomayor and El Castillo de San Felipe del Morro. She is such a delight to be around. She's in love to Puerto Rico. And I brought the pictures of my sponsored children and showed them to Eva. Unfortunately, since I prefer to speak Spanish with someone I know speaks Spanish too, her husband was "left out" many times. Well, I tried to speak some English a few times, but always felt strange to do it and not feeling like doing it. Also, when people speaks English to me, many words slip my grasp, so I end up getting half of what is spoken. I was deadly tired by the end of the day, yet I'm under the impression that I was the least tired of the group. And I learnt also about Spain since Eva is a Spaniard. It was a great day.