Monday, October 26, 2009

Mack & Victor's Trip to Honduras Part 10




CI Day, Part 10 – Toy Store Fun:

We had seen a toy store on the way in through the mall, and we wanted to take the boys there to pick out something frivolous. The CI staff and the mothers seemed to be against the idea, claiming that the kids didn't need any toys … but we ignored their protests.
It didn't take long for all four boys to decide that they wanted remote control trucks. Meanwhile, my mother did some shopping for Wendy's three daughters back home. She felt bad that we had not known about the youngest girl, who'd been left out when I gave gifts to her older sisters (but was also too young to know it had happened).
I think, at this point, Victor also bought something for Carlos' surprise brother. I really never got that family straight, so I'll let him explain.
Victor's thoughts:
We had gotten the boys shoes, but I did want them to be able to buy something ‘fun’ for themselves as well. Of course, all the women said that they didn’t need anything more, but as King Lear said “Oh, question not the need!” They all picked out some decent sized remote controlled cars. I wondered about batteries, but apparently they had internal, rechargeable ones, so no problem there.
Again, prices were not that great in the mall store; cheaper than in the US but not considerably so. The advantage was that those were big toys which would have taken up a lot of space in my suitcase but buying them there meant that the kids could enjoy a big toy as well as all the little ones we have brought them as well.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Umm, I wonder why CI and the mothers did not want them to have toys, since it was a gift.