Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Some small surprises for my girls



I just put together the first package headed for Uganda. I used a flat rate envelope, so it only cost a little over $12, and all 5 girls will get something! So, it cost me $2.40 per child, which is not bad at all. They each got a fairy sticker book (I labeled everything so Hellen souldn't be confused when she got the package). The fairy sticker book has stickers that are reusable, so they can make several different scenes with the pages in the book. Then, each girl got a book. You can see the titles I picked above. In case you did not know I have thousands of books at home, so I picked from my thousands. The fairy books were, also, something that I had on hand from items I was selling last year on Ebay. They each got a handmade necklace from Jaden as well. They will each have 3 gifts, and hopefully, they will enjoy them even though they are small things. Here are the girls we are sponsoring in Uganda:
The three 5 year olds are Nakiya Gloria, Adongo Mary Gloria and Iga Marrine. Kansime Agness is 6 and Jaden's penpal (and now our sponsor child) Nakaiza Vanesa is 7.
By the way, if you want to send a book to your child in Uganda, I have plenty of books. I plan to send my 7 boys a package in a couple of weeks, so it wouldn't be such a big deal to add some books to the bunch. Just let me know what you are looking for. If you want a new book, I have about 100 or so to choose from for $6 a piece shipped (total for book and shipping). If you want to send a gently used book it would be $3 shipped. Of course, these are only for books shipped to the school in Uganda~ The reason being is if I have to ship them somewhere else, I can't put them in bulk shipping. Let me know if you are interested, and I can send you pics of the books you might be interested in. Just tell me the age & sex of the child and whether you want new or used.

No comments: