Saturday, October 10, 2009

Our Weekend Fundraiser



Well, the girls and I got outside bright and early this morning. We started the garage sale/fundraiser at 8AM and went until 5PM. As you can see, I dedicated a WHOLE shelving space to the fundraiser. I had the lollipops and necklaces there, but I, also, added some new things that I thought would be big sellers: Dolls, sticker books, and work books!! Imagine my surprise when, after spending 10 hours total on the sale, none of the fundraising items sold!!! AND, the total made on the garage sale part was $10!!! I sold a $50 car seat for $3, a chair for $1, another $50 car seat for $5, and 4 frames for $1!!! Very disappointing!!! And, don't you think those dolls are cute? Only $7 for a brand new in the box doll that talks, comes with a carrier and a bottle! I had the sticker books and workbooks on the shelf for 25 cents!
Now, after saying all of this, if you have been following this blog, or know me, you know that I do not give up so easily! I am going to advertise the sale in more places and do it again this coming Friday and Saturday!
These are the reasons I believe the sale did not go well:
1. We live in the country, so people don't usually pass through
2. I had 2 posters up on the main roads, but at one point, one of the posters fell and was down for 3 hours!! (There wasn't anything I could do about it because the girls were taking a nap inside & my husband had gone into the big city, so I couldn't walk down the street to fix it)
3. I only posted the sale on Craigslist, and did not put it in any of the local papers or sale sheets.
I am putting all of the sticker books and workbooks on Ebay, and maybe they will do better there. As for the dolls, necklaces, and lollipops, they are waiting on the shelving for the next sale a week from now. I am not a garage sale person, so this may not even be the right time for a sale~ I have NO idea. However, I will keep everyone posted next week!

No comments: