Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Letter From My Precious Diego


I don't know how this happens, but I always get the sweetest kids on the earth!!! It is almost the one year anniversary of when I first became Diego's sponsor. You may remember him from the slideshow on 10/15/08 Blog Action Day "Don't Look Away". The slideshow can be found here: http://www2.children.org/en/us/News/MediaArchive/2008/Pages/slideshow-BlogActionDay10-15-08.aspx?sid=4C093D6-F23F-41FC-A151-5DD9C05596491

According to his photo albim, he has been in the Children International program since he was 4 1/2 years old. I am not sure the history of how or why he lost his sponsor or sponsors. Considering his hard life circumstances, I hate to think of him not having support. His aunt is the one that keep him moving forward in life, and now, thankfully, I can do the same for him. It has been exciting to see the transformation. You can click on the tag "Diego" to read some of the other posts about him. In his earlier letters, his depression and doom shown through. Now, I can't wait to share his latest letter with you!:

Dear Mrs. Heather,

How are you? I hope you are well. Thanks for the letters that you send me. You don't know how happy I get reading them! I thank God that you have a job, and I hope that you get the other one where you can rest more. That will be very good for you. Thanks for being so good and special with me and that you care for me a lot despite having what I have. These past few days, I have been studying and playing soccer. I say good bye with affection.

Diego

Isn't he a sweet heart!? His fundraiser is still on Aura's House, and you can still enter the drawing for a Zune or cash prize. For every $10 you donate, you will receive one entry into the drawing. Once his fundraiser is completed, I will do the raffle and contact the winner! Thank you, everyone who has donated!!! He is receiving his bed now, so I should have pictures soon. If you would like to enter the raffle and donate to the wonderful child's cause, here is the link:

http://aurashouse.com/2009/06/emergency-project-for-diego-of-columbia/

No comments: