Friday, October 9, 2009

Modeling their FANCY Jewelry









Well, now that the girls have put together about 30 necklaces, we will be going out in the cold to sell them tomorrow. I hope we can sell them all. I am going to start making some more beads tonight, so that we will be able to replenish the stock if they go well. The money will go to the 3 current fundraisers.
If any of you would like some of the necklaces to sell for a fundraiser/give as a gift, let me know. The photo charms can be added to any of the necklaces. The actual cost of the photo charm is $1.00. I will be getting some more reasonably priced charms within a couple of weeks. They will only cost 50 cents, so that knocks 50 cents off. Then, you would just pay for the cost of supplies to make the necklace. Each necklace without a charm costs approx. $2.50 to make. Unfortunately, I can't send them for free because the supplies can get costly, but all 3 of us (Jaden, Morgan, and I) are willing to make them for free. I hope that this can help boost some of the fundraisers and bring help to our sponsor families!!
Here is an appoximate breakdown for potential fundraisers:
10 necklaces purchased at $2.50 each = $25
5 photo charms purchased at $1 each = $5
shipping in the US = $5
Total= $35
5 necklaces w/o charms sold for $5 each = $25
5 necklaces w/ charms sold for $7 each = $35
Profit for fundraiser - $25
Of course, I believe the necklaces will go for more $$$. The more you sell them for, the more the profit- If you add $5 to the price of each necklace, the profit would go like this:
5 necklaces w/o charms sold for $10 each = $50
5 necklaces w/ charms sold for $12 each = $60
Profit for fundraiser= $75!!!
See what I'm saying, we could really throw these fundraisers through the roof! I think the photo charm really adds to the necklace (as you can see in the very top picture).
If you would like to sell some of the necklaces for profit in your own fundraiser/other project, contact me with numbers. I need to know how many necklaces you will want, so we can get busy on making them.
By the way, as you can tell, the necklaces are long. These particular necklaces were made to be adult size. However, you can specify which size necklaces you would like to sell.

No comments: