Friday, April 16, 2010

Children on the Edge Part 1

Did you get this in the mail yet? It arrived in our mailbox today. I skimmed it, and seeing that it was a bunch of kids needing sponsors, chunked it in the trash... Yeah, I know, how cruel! The thing is, I can't look because I can not take on another one, so I thought it was better in the garbage. It was sitting there in the tiny trash can that I had set out for the trash from the garage sale when Jaden saw it. She picked it up and said, "Mommy, why is this in the trash? Did you see these kids? They are so sad. Aren't you going to help them!"

I guess I won't win "Best Mom" this year!!

3 comments:

Molly said...

I got that a couple of weeks ago. Tell Jaden that when she has a job she can sponsor all the kids she wants ;)

I'd love to take on more kids too, but I just don't have the means. Heck, I don't really have the means for the kids I do have...

Bernie said...

Heather,

I know the feeling. I got the book two days ago and it is on my dining room table. I could not look at it either. At least I don't have a little one around to see it.

Shay said...

It is so tempting. I glanced through it, but had to put it down. I may place it on a table at the doctor's office or somewhere in public view. Need more money to help more kids!! :) God bless.