Wednesday, April 28, 2010

We are now OFFICIAL!

On March 1st, I mentioned that I got a DBA for "Make a Change". I set it up because of iGive, and the fact that we will soon be getting checks from them that will go to our fundraisers. Since the check our written out to Make a Change, I had to file a "Doing Business As" in the public records. I did that in February, but I have been putting off setting up an account.
Well, today, I went to the bank and started an account for the group to be used for putting the checks into, and then disbursing them to the fundraisers. On May 15th, we should receive a check for $4846!! Since I just set up the account today, I will have the debit card by the time the check comes. Yay! I had to put $100 in of my own money to start the account. When I get the check, I will take my $100 out, and disburse $40 to the fundraisers. That will leave $8.46 in the account, and and since the account can't have a $0 balance I think this is a nice sum to leave in until the next check comes in June. There will be a check every month from iGive. The more people participate, the more we will be able to help our fundraisers!

If you haven't already, please sign up on iGive to help Make a Change. You help just by doing what you are already doing- searching and buying online!

No comments: