Thursday, April 15, 2010

Meet the MAC Staff!~ Vice President



Hola, my sponsor friends!

My name is Mckenzie, and I serve as the vice-president of Make A Change. Like all vice-presidents, my duties include Public Relations + doing whatever the president tells me to do.

I have been sponsoring with Children International since a good friend invited me to join during the summer of 2008. I got excited while waiting for Jonathan's information to arrive in the mail, and turned to the CI google group to fill the void during my period of anticipation. I met so many great people there, and I'm thrilled that all of you (along with my sponsored children) have become such an enjoyable and meaningful part of my life. It feels so good to be making a difference in the world, and to be socializing with generous people who share my beliefs about the importance of helping others.

A little bit about me:

I live with my parents, husband of 15 years, and my best friend. I am bio-childless, but practice my pathetic maternal instincts on our three dogs (who I regularly forget to feed)(just kidding). I enjoy the adrenaline rush that I get from participating in extreme sports, but because I lack athletic prowess and coordination, I have to stick to the ones that don't require much actual skill. Some of these are:

Whitewater rafting (with guide)
Skydiving (with guide)
Jumping off high places, with or without bungee cord attached

I'm looking forward to trying a new sport called "sphereing" or "zorbing" where the participant simply climbs inside a giant plastic ball and gets pushed down a hill. No skill necessary, except an ability to retain consciousness!

Some sports I've worked hard to become good at are:

Horseback riding
Scuba diving
Snowboarding
Rollerblading (to a limited degree)

I don't do many of the above activities these days, because of the cost involved, but I will never give up my passion for travel. And now, thanks to CI, I have kids to visit when I go on trips!

No comments: