Monday, April 12, 2010

Meet the MAC Staff!~ FirstGiving Page Coordinator


Ushering in our 2nd year in existence means bringing on new faces! These past few months have become busier and busier. A few months ago, I realized, there was no way I could do it all alone. Besides, who wants to do it alone when you can work with some great people instead!? I asked for volunteers for a few projects, and that is pretty much how it all started. I am happy to make these wonderful volunteers official staff of the MAC group!! They will all get a substantial salary- paid out not in US dollars but in millions positive emotions!! Don't believe me? There are studies and articles found everywhere to back this up. Check out this 2 page article on MSN: http://health.msn.com/health-topics/depression/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100167285

(I wish we could get the positive emotions and the cash out of this job, but that would mean taking money away from the kids. As needy as myself and my family are, we are not even close to what these families are going through!)

Now, on with the introductions:
I am introducing you first to Heather Griffin. She is the person you will go to after you get your child's fundraiser breakdown from CI. She is our FirstGiving Page Coordinator! Once you know you have a slot in the MAC fundraiser waiting list, Heather G will know your slot number because she has the same fundraiser list that I have. Then, once you have the special needs breakdown, e-mail Heather G at hgriffins85@yahoo.com . You will want to send everything in one e-mail to her including the special needs breakdown, pictures (about 6), and a write up. Heather will put it all together for you into one pretty page :o)

This is a special presentation called "Getting to Know Heather Griffin":

My name is Heather and I am 24 years old. I live in Massachusetts. I have been sponsoring with Children International since 2001. The girl I first sponsored moved away after a year and a half of sponsorship and then the next girl they sent me already had a sponsor by the time I got her information. That's when I received the information of my Joyce. She is 12 years old from the Philippines, I have been her sponsor for almost 7 years. In July of 2008 I went to the CI website and chose Diego from Ecuador, he is now 7 years old. And just last November I chose 8 year old Michelle, also from the Philippines. I enjoy going to the movies, reading & bowling. I enjoy sending direct packages to my sponsored children. I work at a local supermarket. I like animals, especially my cat Milo who I have had for 6 years now. I hope to meet my sponsored children someday.

1 comment:

2raine said...

Hello Heather, welcome. My name is Tamara and I can't wait to learn more about you and hopefully work with you in the future.