Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Summer Reading Package Received~ Omar in Colombia


A post from Sara S:
I received the pictures and thank you note from Omar’s Summer Reading Package. Omar is 12 years old. He lives with his mother and three siblings in Colombia. (The family report is unclear on why Omar’s father does not live with the family. My guess is he has to work in a different area). I have only been sponsoring Omar for about 6 months, so I do not know much about him yet. He seems very serious for his age. His CI photo album has annual photos dating back to 2005 … not a single smile. Hopefully with enough time, patience, and persistence I’ll get through his “shell” and see the less serious side of him.

His letter reads:
“Dear sponsor, I thank you for the gift you sent me. Let me tell you my family is doing well. Thanks for your gifts. Let me tell you I received your letter, toy car, and book. I hope you are doing well. I am doing well in school. I do my homework because I want to pass my school year. I would like to be a doctor to help other people. I have good behavior. Many thanks for all. I say good bye, Omar”

No comments: