Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Steve's Colombia Itinerary

Steve's Colombia Itinerary has not been posted! Happily, my two children Diego and Henry are meeting on different days. Unfortunately, I already mentioned that I sponsor them both in letters to both of the boys so that it wouldn't be a surprise. Now, I find out that I could have kept it a secret- It must have happened for a reason, I am sure. It will open up dialog between myself and both boys. I explained to Diego that I chose him because of my great experience with Henry. I told him that Henry had shown me how wonderful Colombian boys are, and that I wanted to therefore sponsor another child in Colombia (Diego).

It looks like both of my boys are going to be surrounded by beautiful girls! That should be fun for them :o) I am so anxious to see the live video of my boys that I think I could burst from excitement!!! Thank God for Steve!

Monday, April 26 – Diego, Isaura, Sonia and Karelys in Cartagena

Tuesday, April 27 – Yiseth, Henry and Evelyn in Cartagena

Wednesday, April 28 – Travel day

Thursday, April 29 – Nevis and Yulianis in Barranquilla

Friday, April 30 – Jhojaris, Brayan, Yuselfi, Keyner and Daniela in Barranquilla

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I agree thank god for Steve! This is the first time any of my kids are involved in the meetings so I am pretty excited! Steve will be meeting Brayan who is 3. He is young but I wanted him to meet Steve. He is the child I sponsored in honor of my mom. He will also be meeting Jhojaris who is a newer child of mine. She is 7 and has 5 siblings. They all live with their mom on $75/month. CI told me when I asked for the SNG inquiry that the family needs so much because they are in horrible living conditions. My first gift to her will be going to her soon. She has no school shoes that fit her and no gym shoes at all. So that will be the fisy thing I provide. ANyway I cannot wait to see the photos and videos!!!!

Shay said...

This is a blessing and I am so thankful that I will be able to see Yiseth and Sonia and all of the kids. I have sponsoring the 2 girls for five years and feel very close to them. It has been a thrill to watch them grow and change over the years. I believe that I sponsored Yiseth first and then just had to get little Sonia when I saw her sad little face. Now she is smiling in all photos that I receive. Both are in unstable living conditions going back and forth from parents to relatives but they look happy.I believe that the extended Colombian families look out for each other.

I was also wondering what would happen if they both met Steve on the same day because I had not told each one about the other and I was feeling that there might be a little jealousy. Now I am glad that they are meeting on separate days. I hope that they like the photos and gifts.

Heather, I received the bracelets yesterday and sent 2 of them off to Steve for Sonia and Yiseth. I think that they should make it in time and I know that they will love them. They seem to like whatever I have sent in the past even when I was so broke that I could only send them little things like colorful pencils and erasers :) God bless.

Shay said...

Steve is on his way! :) God bless.