Thursday, April 29, 2010

Diego's Aunt gets her Refridgerator!





For those of you who do not know, I will repeat myself a little:

My sponsored child Diego in Colombia has a project on Aura's House right now. Recently, there were enough donations to provide his aunt with the refidgerator she needs for her business. She has a food business that reminds me of "roach mobiles" that we have here in the US. Is anyone familiar with this term? These are the trucks that drive to construction sites and sell sandwiches, candy, etc to construction workers. Diego's aunt provides workers with real home cooked meals! Yummy! (I have asked Diego to send me a recipe when he gets a chance so I can taste some of her delicious food)

She was in need of a way to keep ingredients fresh, so with the refridgerator, she will now be able to buy in bulk!

The next installment to Diego, which should be paid in a month or so, will provide his aunt with $250 worth of food ingredients to put into the fridge :o) He only needs another $57 in donations to provide her with the ingredients!

Here is Diego's letter:

"Dear and appreciated sponsor,

I am grateful for the refridgertor you sent me, and sweatshirt and socks. My aunt sends you and your family thousands of kisses. I am doing fine. I wish I could be there with you and have fun with your daughters. They are so cute. My grandfather sends you thousands of hugs. I am very happy because he got confused and didn't see the refridgerator at first because it was really pretty. But, I have already filled up the page. Diego"

No comments: