Sunday, April 11, 2010

Summer Reading Package Received- Henry in Colombia



A little background on this package... I needed to send some warm clothes to Henry and his brother Esneiver because they did not have any winter clothes last year. However, I am so broke myself, that when it was time to send the warm clothes, I had no money to purchase them nor send them. Instead, I added these items to the Summer Reading Program, and put $25 towards the shipping (for Diego's and Henry's larger items). Since I sent the Cartagena package at the very beginning of the year, I thought he would still have some cold weather to wear the items in. He didn't get the package until March, and so, was not able to use the clothing this season. I did buy them one size larger, so he will be able to wear them this coming winter. Here is what Henry wrote:

Dear Heather,

My family and I wish you and your family are well. We are well. I'm very happy to know you. I had fun on vacation, and now I am back to school and doing well. During this time of the year it is very hot. I've only seen snow on TV and in the pictures you have sent me. I'm very grateful for all of the things I have received. I got a set of cars, soccer ball, Sponge Bob book, a soccer book, s Spiderman movie, The Incredibles movie, a pair of sweatpants, 3 sweatshirts, and 2 sweaters. A box of chocolates, dominoes, tic tac toe set, and a letter. Thanks for everything. I love you very much. Without more to say, I say goodbye,

Henry

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Remember that South America's seasons are the opposite of North America's! I'm in Peru right now and we're just heading into winter, so I imagine Colombia is the same. :)