Monday, January 25, 2010

Creole Coloring Book & Crayons

I have just added this Haitian Creole coloring book & crayons to the web store. Each page has typical Haitian traditions, dress, and life. However, for some reason the descriptions underneath the pictures are in English.
Another note, I had to raise the price of the Haitian care packages. The reason for this is because they will each have to be shipped separately, so the shipping will be higher than I first planned. I will give you a detailed breakdown of the expenses, so that you can see where the money is going:

Items in the package to the young children: $7
postage to Florida via parcel post (3lbs 10oz): $10
postage to MFI to get it to Haiti: $6
total: $23

Items in the package to the older children: $9.50
postage to Florida via parcel post (4lbs 15oz): $11
postage to MFI to get to Haiti: $7.50
total: $28

Now, that we know our packages can not be combined, and there is no discount, it is the same price for you to ship the package yourself (in you are in the US). The only reason you may want to go this route is to have someone else to the work of packing & shipping the package (*wink*)

I plan to ship all of the care packages to Haiti on 2/15/10, so the deadline to order is 2/5/10.

For those of you who would like to write to your child in Creole, I have come up with this simple letter:
Alo!
Kouman ouye? Mwen tre kontan, mwen ap aprann kreyol. ki sa w'ap fe demen?
(Hi! How are you? I am very glad I am learning creole. What will you do tomorrow?)
And, you never know when this phrase may come in handy:
Gen de mounki pa janm aprann (Some people never learn)

SO, there you go, your first letter to your sponsor child in creole! LOL!!! :o)

1 comment:

jamiecharles6 said...

Great letter, Heather! I don't know if anyone is interested in knowing this but the translated title of the coloring book is, "My Beautiful Country" - and it really is a beautiful country! Most people are only seeing the devastation from the earthquake but Haiti is also very beautiful. By the way, I have a copy of the coloring book myself and it's a great little book.