Thursday, January 7, 2010

Zambia Summer Reading Package


So many things to say, and so little time... Let me see what all I can fit into these few minutes regarding the summer reading packages.

1. The deadline to order items for Zambia is 1/8/2010

2. The deadline to order items for the DR is 1/22/2010

3. There are many new additions to the web store, but you may have to hunt a little. I will explain why in a minute. The above picture is a tic-tac-toe game I added that you can find listed under "games!" in the webstore

4. After 1/8/2010, I will be removing the East Africa specific book "Thunder Cave". Since the rest of the countries would not be interested in it.

5. Here is the deal with the web store- I had to upgrade the web-site (and pay money to do so) in order to add the items I did. I am paying $100 a year for this site. However, it only allows me to have 30 items in the store. If I want to add more, I have to pay $250 a year!!! Of course, there is a big difference between $100 and $250. At this time, I am sticking with the 30 items at $100.

This being said, each item that you see on the page can have 3 other items listed with it, so technically, I can list 90 items. In order to do that, I have to have a general title such as the one I made for "games!" Then, under "games!" you will find 3 items related to that subject. I will be doing that with most of the listings, so you will just have to look at the general subject title to find what you are looking for. For example, under "candy", you will find all of the candy that can be bought for the price listed.

In order to choose the specific item you want, you just make your choice with the drop down box. Am I making any sense? Please let me know if I need to clarify.

I am adding new items all of the time, so keep checking out the web-site to see what I have one there. I do not keep a lot of items on hand because that requires me to come up with a lot of money out of pocket without knowing what will sell.

If you would like to make a donation to the web-store, that would be wonderful! All you would do is send the items to me & I will post them on the store. Anything that sells from a donation is PURE fundraiser profit! Contact me if you would like to do this.

Now, don't forget- The Zambia deadline is Friday!

No comments: