Saturday, January 30, 2010

Packages to Haiti

Jodesson's package contained the items below. It was right at the 5 pound mark. Whew! It was $11 to ship to Florida, and $7.50 to go from Florida to Haiti




I wrapped their packages in small garbage bags, wrapped them with tape all the way around, taped their picture and details to the ball of plastic and tape, and then, placed the balls into a size #7 padded envelope.

Rood-Djevlo was on the urgent list in need of a sponsor because he has so many siblings. I decided to include enough for him and his siblings- 5 cars for the 5 boys, 8 lollipops for the 8 children. When I brought his package to the post office, it was actually over 5 pounds. I had to open the padded envelope, cut through the tape and plastic bags, and pull some items out. It was over a week ago when I did this, so I am trying to remember what was pulled out. I believe I pulled out the t-shirt, cereal, and box of candy.




Islande's package contained the items below. The green package you see is the package that Barbara sent to be included with the other items. Islande's package was close to the 5 pound mark. It was $10.85 to ship to Florida & $7.50 to go from Florida to Haiti.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Many thanks Heather for shipping Islande's package as it is so complicated to do so from here in Canada. The timing couldn't be better for it will arrive just before her birthday in March. I know that she will be so excited.

Cheers

Barbara

Mack said...

Where do you get these Size 7 padded envelopes that will fit such a wad of stuff?

Heather M said...

Amazon.com
You have to buy them in bulk, which I do anyway.