Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Summer Reading Packages Update

4- Disney Fairies Candy Books available (above) and 7 Chocolate Covered Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites available (below)

Take note of today's date- 1/5/10- The first package for the summer reading program has shipped! It went to Barranquilla, Colombia. The total cost for the package wound up being a little under $26.

Cartagena will be next. I am waiting to hear back from Eliana who may be able to offer cheaper shipping. The package will go out on time, but depending on what I hear from Eliana, will determine the actual ship date. If you have a child in Cartagena, you can still get in on the package! I have all of the non-book items on hand. If it is a book that you want to send, e-mail me directly, and I can tell you which ones I have on hand. I can't take any new orders for books to Colombia unless they are books that I already have here.

Now, I have just added two new items. They are now on the web store!

First, the Candy Books are Disney Fairies. Inside the book are 5 assorted hard candy rolls (like Life-Savers). A total of 35 candies are inside. I only have 4 of these.

Second, the chocolate covered mint chocolate chip cookie dough balls are yummy!!! There are approximately 35 cookie dough bites in each package. I only have 7 of these.

These items will be mailed when the summer reading packages are mailed to each community center. By the way, only a couple more days to get in your order for Zambia!!

$1 of each sale will go to the current fundraisers- the other $2 will be used for shipping.

Dana contacted me with a good question that I will add to the FAQ for these packages:

She wanted to know if the sponsor will get photos of the child with their items they receive in the Summer Reading Package.

The answer is "Yes!" The box that I am sending has individual packages inside for each child. The individual packages have the child's full name & ID # on the outside. You can, also, include a letter. The only thing the child will know is that you sent them a package. They will not know that it is part of a group package because they will be distributed individually as a regular direct package.

No comments: