Monday, January 4, 2010

Meet Katja's 1st CI child!


Some of you may know Katja, and some may not. I met her through our shared sponsorship of CUS children. She ordered some necklaces & bracelets for her CUS children. Then, she has participated in helping with our fundraisers, even though she was not a CI sponsor...

Well, after viewing everyone's great experience with CI, here on this blog, she has decided to sponsor with CI!!! This is her first child with CI (though she sponsors with other organizations as well).

Here is what Katja wrote regarding her new sponsorship:

Ana Gabriela from Guatemala. Her birthday was yesterday and she turned 9 years old.
Ana lives in Rural Guatemala together with her parents and her older siblings, who are 16 and 14 years old. The father is a Daily Worker and earns approximately $65 a month and her mother is a Homemaker.
The family lives in a little house, which has one bedroom and a kitchen where they cook with open fire. The house is made of concrete blocks and has a roof out of corrugated metal and a dirt floor.
Ana Gabriela helps her mother with running errands, washing the dishes and sweeping. She likes playing with dolls, painting, singing and dancing.

I thought about my new sponsorship for some days, because I wasn't sure which country to choose and which child I should pick. But after some days I noticed that every time I passed Ana's photo, I was happy that nobody has already picked her and that I somehow felt as if she would already belong to my family. Her photo was so small and not a portrait so that I could hardly recognize her face, but she caught my eye just from the first time when I passed her photo.
I'm very happy to have her in my family now.

Ana Gabriela will has a fundraiser coming up- slot #39!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Welcome to the group Katja! I hope you will join us at the google group also. I am also still pretty new to CI and the group and this page but it has been wonderful so far!

Stephanie said...

Wow this is great! Congratulations Katja! I also was really struck by Ana Gabriella and would have chosen her if I had any room left in my sponsor family. I'm so glad that Katja did and hope we will get to hear all about her.

Shay said...

Congratulations, Katja! She is beautiful! I hope that you enjoy your sponsorship with her! God bless.