Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Haitian Children

Rood-Djevlo Pierre is 10 years old. He is in the 1st level at the school in Danda (as you can tell by his peach colored uniform). He lives with his parents, 5 brothers and 2 sisters.
Jodesson Emmanuel is 12 years old. He is in the 5th level at the school in Paulette (once again, you can tell by his uniform). He lives with his parents, 2 brothers and 1 sister.





Finally, I am introducing you to the 2 I chose from His Hands for Haiti. It was a grueling process trying to choose between all of the children. I chose a 17 year old child first, but decided not to take him after I spoke with Jamie. For those of you veturing out to the HH4H web-site, you should know this... Jamie said that the children in Terrier Rouge are very unlikely to write their sponsors. Anyone who knows me knows that I like to communicate with my kids, so I decided to choose another child.

I chose Rood-Djevlo first. He had "Urgent Need" next to his name because there are so many children in his family. I sent him a letter last week, and will be sending him a package with the Valentine's Day bunch.

After Rood-Djevlo, I had at least 10 other children that caught my eye. Somehow I had to narrow it down. I am not sure how I narrowed it down, and can guarantee you that I still want to sponsor the other 9. I am pleading with this group to please take the children I wanted, so that they won't be there to tempt me into another sponsorship! (just kidding)

All kidding aside, I chose Jodesson after thinking on it for a week. I chose him because he is in a much higher grade level than Rood-Djevlo. I may get more letters out of him. *wink*

On to the Valentine's Day packages for Haiti... I have attached some pictures above of some of the choices available for these children in the web-store. In the web-store you will find 3 books to choose from in French. The children speak and learn creole. By the time of 3rd grade, they know French. The PreK-3rd grade books would be read to the children by their older siblings.

There are packages based on the child's gender and age. Plus, there are several additions to the basic package that you can add. The additions can be found with the Snoopy listing. The additions are: a baby doll, a body towel, Bath & Body Works lotion, car & dominoes set, & beanie babies (coming soon).

The packages going to Haiti have a 5 pound limit. Therefore, I will probably send a few packages (depending on how many want to participate). As I get the orders, I will ship them out in 5 pound bundles. The only items I would need to wait on to arrive are the books. The basic packages & all of the additions are ready to go at a moments notice.

Also, more children now have sponsors:

Ferdinand Seraphin, Jean-Donald, Sonel Richemond, Jovenel Richemond, & IsnaJennie Valcourt, Jeppnaidine Louidor (did I miss any one?)!

If the rest of you could keep me posted about any of the children you take, I will update the group. Thank you, one and all, for helping these children! They will need your support to get through the tough times that are ahead due to the earthquake and the chaos it has left!

1 comment:

helpingthechildrenofafrica said...

Where do you get all the items on your webstore? Aren't they expensive for you to purchase?