Saturday, January 16, 2010

Victor's Trip to Honduras~ Chapter 1- The Loot


Victor's Trip to Honduras

Chapter 1: The Loot

I had been planning this trip with Mack for several months but the day before I was scheduled to leave, Mack called to say that she was too ill to travel. It was disappointing; more so for her than me, of course, but I was sorry not to have the company. I told her I would cover for her kids at our planned expedition to the water park - I wouldn't be bringing them gifts, but at least I could do that. I flew over to Florida the next day and hit Target fairly hard. I was going to hit WalMart as well, but the one closest to the house of the friend I was staying with had just closed down. I thought WalMart put other people out of business, I never knew that they went down themselves. Perhaps Target did them in - it was huge.

Either way, I was straight. I got a bunch of clothes, a soccer ball for each of the boys, racecars, markers, some other toys for the younger two and a bat, ball and glove for the older one. The politically incorrect side of me bought a camouflage shirt for Axel and Carlos as well. Fortunately, I didn't have too much of my own stuff because it took up most of my two suitcases. Tip when flying to Honduras - fly TACA - they let you take two bags with no extra charge. I got off the plane and I had left behind cold Florida (how often do you hear that!) for warm Honduras. I've no doubt that it will be water park weather tomorrow.

Anyway, I am in my hotel and the CI van is due to pick me up tomorrow at 10:00 - I can't wait!

No comments: