Friday, January 22, 2010

Last Day to Order for Chile & Dominican Republic

Today is the last day to place your order for Chile and the Dominican Republic. Also, if you have already ordered and would like to send a letter to your child, send that today.

I received a question yesterday about how these summer reading packages are spread out. This person was requesting that I send the package out sooner than what I stated. I spread them out to help you all. I thought having one go out every two weeks or so would make it so that you could order for one child on one pay check and another child on a different pay check. However, I do already have a lot of orders for the rest of the countries. My question is to those who are participating in this event: Would you like me to pull the dates together and send them out sooner? It really works better for me to do them closer together, but I just want to make sure that everyone would be able to participate this way. Here are the deadlines that were set before to get in your order:

Dominican Republic & Chile~ 1/22/10
Ecuador~ 2/5/10 (a small package to Guayaquil- we will see what customs does with it)
Guatemala~ 2/19/10
Philippines~ 3/5/10
Mexico~ 3/19/10
Honduras~ 3/26/10

Here are the proposed deadlines:
Dominican Republic & Chile~ 1/22/10
Guayaquil, Ecuador & Honduras~ 2/5/10
Guatemala & Mexico~ 2/19/10
Philippines~ 2/26/10

If we do it this way, the new ship dates would be:
Dominican Republic & Chile~ 2/3/10
Guayaquil, Ecuador & Honduras~ 2/15/10
Guatemala & Mexico~ 3/1/10
Philippines~ 3/10/10

Let me know if this works for all of you. If it does, that we will do it the new way- Packages will go out sooner, and pictures and thank yous will come back sooner.

Also, I need to find out from those of you who send direct packages: Does Chile have just one address that packages are shipped to? What about the Philippines? The address I have seen to the Philippines says "Quezon City". Is that where all of you ship, and then the packages are sent to the appropriate community center? I am hoping there is just one address for these, but since I do not sponsor there, I am clueless.

Also, remember that the princess dolls are still available. I have about 10 left I believe. Every sell adds $8 to our fundraisers!! To order items for the Summer Reading Packages, click here
Thanks in advance for your feedback!

2 comments:

Dana said...

I have children in Legazpi city and tabaco, both different addresses... assuming quezon city is the third... so three boxes potentially to Philippines. not sure on chile, i dont have kids there. i vote for sending earlier :)

Sara S said...

Sending packages earlier works for me as well.

I think Philippines has a CI presence in 4 cities; Legazpi, Tabaco, Manila, and Quezon City. I don't have the address(es), but I'm happy to ask if needed.

Sara