Sunday, February 21, 2010

Angel, Caselyn & her baby get a donation!





Recently, Chrystal lost her sponsor child, Caselyn, as she was removed from the program. Caselyn could no longer be in the sponsorship program because she became pregnant. Chrystal was not willing to let the relationship end there, so she came up with an ingenious solution: start sponsoring Caselyn's younger sister Angel!

After adding Angel as her sponsor child, she sent a monetary donation for Caselyn, Angel, and the new baby. The picture above show the items they received. This is what they received:

1 Baby's dress

1 Hygiene items for baby (cologne, cotton, alcohol)

36 Diapers

1 Dress for Christian

1 Blouse and skirt for Angel

1 Baby's milk

1 Assorted grocery items

1 Meals and transportation expense

What were the child’s/family’s comments when the gifts were delivered?
¿Qué comentaron el niño o la familia cuando se le entregaron los regalos?
Caselyn, Angel and their mother were very grateful for the special gifts they just received. According to Caselyn, she is so thankful because her sponsor extended his help to her baby. Angel said "our sponsor is so nice", while the mother uttered "God bless our sponsor."

How will the gifts benefit the child and/or family?
¿Cómo beneficiarán los regalos al niño y/o a la familia?
The infant's clothing and basic needs like milk, alcohol, cologne, powder and the like are really appreciated by Caselyn, her 2-weeks old baby needed all these stuff. The new clothing for Caselyn and Angel completed their Christmas. The groceries will be shared by the family this Holiday season.

This is what Caselyn wrote in her letter to Chrystal:

Dear Sponsor,
A blessed and joyful day to you! I want to say thank you very much for the gifts you sent me. I was very grateful and fortunate because you really care for me in spite of my situation. I am really happy for your gifts for my baby. I bought her clothing, diapers, and milk. I also bought my new blouse and a pair of dresses for my younger siblings like Angel. Plus groceries for our daily meal. Once again, thank you for sharing your blessings with us. God bless you always!
Caselyn

3 comments:

Lisa said...

WOW that was a GREAT idea to sponsor Angel to keep in contact! And how adorable is the baby!

Unknown said...

That is a wonderful idea. It seems that a lot of sponsors would lose hope! By the way,it does NOT look like she has a 2week old baby

2raine said...

Great idea. Me too sponsor younger sibling because my older one will leave soon. I love the families that the way I can keep intouch. The baby look health. I think the baby is about 3wks.
They are really happy with what you did for them
smile