Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It doesn't get any easier than iGive!


Well, it has been 2 weeks since Make a Change was added to the iGive family. We started with only one member, went to 4 members within a week, and now, after 2 weeks are at 7 members. That isn't very many members considering 2 of them are referrals that came in from outside of the group.

I wanted to give everyone an idea about what iGive is about and how it can help us. First of all, I uploaded the iGive toolbar to my laptop. Every time I need to search, I use iGive instead of google, or yahoo, or whatever other search engine I would normally use. Make a change gets money every time I search!!!
Then, when I make online purchases, I go though the toolbar as well. There are many stores that offer a donation when you shop through iGive. What kinds of stores can you shop at & earn money for our fundraisers without it costing you anything extra?

Here is a short list of only a few of the stores that you can shop at via iGive:

Amazon.com (.8% donation)

Avon.com (3.2% donation)

Barnes & Noble.com (2.4% donation)

Bass Pro Shops.com (2% donation)

Best Buy.com (1.2% donation)

Borders.com (2.4% donation)

Brookstone (4% donation)

Cafepress.com (8% donation)

Clinique.com (3.2% donation)

Colorful Images.com (4.8% donation)

Crocs.com (3.2% donation)

Delta Airlines.com (2% donation)

Drugstore.com (4% donation)

Fossil.com (6% donation)

FTD.com (8.4% donation)

McAfee.com (7.2% donation)

Oriental Trading.com (2.8% donation)

Petco.com (3.6% donation)

Quicken.com (6% donation)

Starbucks.com (4% donation)

Wall Street Journal.com (26.25% donation)

Imagine how the donations toward our fundraiser could stack up with more members & constant use! Right now, with the few people we have, we have already raised $12.24!! When you become a member, MAC can get an automatic $5 bonus donation if you make a purchase with iGive within 45 days. We could easily have an extra $50 toward the fundraisers every month, if everyone could spread the word & use iGive for all you do online.

For those who have not joined, why not join in helping our children & families!? To become a part of this movement, sign up here

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I signed up but unfortunately the tool bar only installed on internet explorer. It doesn't come up on AOL or Mozilla and those are the only twi I really use :-(

Mack said...

The toolbar works for me on Mozilla. The search results suck, however! I try to use it, anyway, so we get our penny, then I go to Google to find the info I really need.

Keep in mind that when you search you don't get any credit for popular websites. Use it for the bizarre searches - like "How do I learn to juggle kittens?" I thought I could just use igive to get to Google, but they're onto that trick :-(

Sara S said...

Lisa - my room mate who dislikes the tool bar uses the iGive search engine online at this website - http://isearch.igive.com/ ... not sure if that fits your internet use habits or not. - Sara