Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Letter from Nakaiza Vanesah



This is one of my CUS children Vanesah. She is, also, supposed to be Jaden's penpal... However, it hasn't been working out very well. It is extremely difficult to get letters from the CUS children. Jaden has sent 3 letters to Vanesah since August. I have sent her 6 since September. This is the only letter we have received. Does this count as a letter? I'm not sure... I even sent all 12 children questionnaires to fill out, which I have yet to receive. As you can see, Vanesah wrote this letter on the 30th of Ocotober last year. It left Uganda around the middle of December. Then, it got lost for a couple of months while I tried to find out what was going on. When it was located, it was finally shipped out to me from Canada on February 3rd!!!

I am so frustrated, especially for my girls. Jaden has never received a response back from her pen pal Vanesah (so I told her this letter was hers). Morgan's pen pal Simbwa Henry received her letter, and hopefully all of mine that I sent (along with gifts for all 12 children- sticker books, bracelets, necklaces, lollipops). We have not received any letters or pictures from him.

The problem is not the children but the way the letters are handled. I have exhausted my efforts and will just throw my hands up. I don't know what else to do. Of course, I haven't stopped writing to them, and I still hope for future letters. So for those of you with CUS children in the same boat, I feel your pain.

2 comments:

Shay said...

I love her little drawings :) Heather, if possible can you email that photo? One of my children is in it. Thanks and God bless.

Heather M said...

You can click directly on the picture & save it.