Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Package Held Hostage in Guayaquil




I want to start this post by saying that it feels really strange adding regular happy posts knowing that Hellen is unconscious in the hospital. Please continue to keep Hellen in your prayers!!
You may remember that Mack sent a package to Ecuador at the same time customs started collecting taxes on packages. Kevin's & Katherine's items were in the same box, and were being taxed at a rate of $110!!! You may, also, remember that we did a fundraiser raffle to raise some of the funds to get the package out of customs. The package was finally released, and Kevin received his portion on January 13th. Here is the letter Kevin wrote:

Hi, Mack and Heather!
Thank you for the gifts you have sent me like the t-shirt, the pair of shorts. the Christmas tree decorations, the book, the toys. Thanks for the color pencils and crayons because I love to draw. I had a great Christmas along with my family. I hope God blesses you always for your good heart because I am doing better with your help. I love you a lot. I thank you deeply for being a wonderful sponsor. I say good bye with a big hug!
Kevin

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Awwww thank you for sharing! I am glad to see it got to him! It is good to share the happy news! Thats why I come here to get happy news abut eveyones kids!

Of course we will all keep Helen in our prayers though. I hope you hear some good news soon!

Molly said...

All good wishes to Hellen - but I am sure she would want you to continue posting about your kids even while she's ill :)