Monday, February 8, 2010

This is what's up...



First, here are the pictures from CI of Steve's visit with Brayan in Mexico. You all may remember that this is the family you helped when their income dropped to $0 & they were threatened with eviction. I am anxious to see that update. I was trying to convince someone at CI to have Mr. Cook deliver the help to Brayan's mother in person. I envisioned something similar to "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition", when the bus finally moves and the family sees their new home... Do you know what I am talking about? I thought Mr Cook could take the money we raised to the family. Brayan's mother would fall down crying tears of joy because she can't believe her dreams have come true: her own business & her own home! I would have loved to be there, or have it video-taped. I will be happy with the still pictures that should be coming in the mail shortly. :o)

Now, about what is going on with these Summer Reading Packages. I am STILL putting them all together. I am down to about 10 e-mails of stuff that I need to pack up. I thought I was going to get it done sooner, but I had something come up (I may get into that a little later). I promise I am working on them and still plan to have them all done, photographed and ready to go out by the middle of February. I can't wait to start getting the photos back from the kids! This will be awesome!

No comments: