Sunday, February 7, 2010

Help for Haiti Part 9~ Teenagers & Special Offer

Diderot Celicourt, age 13, in in the 3rd level in Terrier Rouge.

Myrdeline Seraphin, age 13, is in the 6th level in Phaeton

RoseFlavie Jean, age 13, is in the 6th level in Paulette

Sannedie Robert, age 13, in in the 6th level in Paulette

Aslande Joseph, age 14, is in the 7th level in Terrier Rouge

Judeline Philippe, age 14, is in the 6th level in Terrier Rouge

NeuskiValdona Appolon, age 14, is in the 6th level in Terrier Rouge

Alix Joseph, age 15, is in the 6th level in Phaeton

Mackendy Toussaint, age 15, is in the 9th level in Terrier Rouge

Mandy Angrand, age 15, is in the 6th level in Terrier Rouge

Manoucheka Riche, age 15, is in the 4th level in Trou du Nord

Velande Gabeau, age 15, is in the 8th level in Terrier Rouge

Darline Joseph, age 16, is in the 7th level in Terrier Rouge

Fritslin Mutil, age 16, is in the 6th level in Phaeton

Miolene Louis, age 16, is in the 7th level in Terrier Rouge

Rose-Guerdine Pierre, is in the 7th level in Terrier Rouge

Walky Alexis(2), age 16, is in the 3rd level in Trou du Nord

Gerald Joseph, age 17, is in the 3rd level in Phaeton

Magalie Jacques, age 17, is in the 7th level in Terrier Rouge

Mirlande Jean, age 17, is in the 9th level in Terrier Rouge

Modeline Joseph, age 17, is in the 7th level in Terrier Rouge

Renette Vilmar, age 17, is in the 9th level in Terrier Rouge

Bionise Francois, age 18, is in the 5th level in Paulette
*Pictures removed because most of them now have sponsors!!!

The number of children in the His Hands for Haiti program without sponsors is now under 100!! This is great news! However, I wonder how the 95 children who don't have sponsors feel. Especially considering that HH4H works with 8 communities, which means that there are about 12 children in each community who are sponsorless. It may be one one or two children in a full classroom that do not have sponsors. I wonder what the children tell themselves as the reason that their classmates have a sponsor & they do not.

In an attempt to get a sponsor for EVERY child, I am making an offer that is good until February 10th, 2010. In order to get the Haitian children to write promptly & regularly, I will send each newly sponsored child a notepad, envelopes, and cool pens, plus a questionnaire for them to fill out and return to their new sponsors!! (Note: you have to contact me & let me know who you sponsored, so that I can get these items out to them)
The questionnaire will go like this:

Le m'appelle (my name is):

Quel age as-tu? J'ai ____ ans (How old are you? I am ___ years old)

Mon anniversaire est le: (My birthday is:)

Ma couleur préférée est le: (My favorite color is:)

Mon matiere prefere est: (My favorite subject is:)

Ma nourriture préféré (My favorite food:)

*anyone else have French questions to add?

AND, I found some books in French!! The books are for ages 9 and up. They are only $5 each, and there are 6 titles to choose from! Since the shipping is totally different through the HH4H program, I thought it would be easier to list them as $5 on the web store, and add the shipping as a shipping charge. I am going to send my boys some of these, so you can order some to go with my shipment. I will ship a HH4H shipment of books, notepads, & pens on 2/19/10. If you want to order, or if you sponsor a new child, make sure to do so by 2/10/10, in order to make it in this shipment.

No comments: