Monday, February 8, 2010

The Child is Without Words- Her Eyes Show Her Happiness






The above photos show Crismairy's pleasure as she opens her DP for St. Valentines Day. Of all the 12 children that I now sponsor Crismairy seems the most appreciative and always wears the clothes that I send to her. Her package contained the following.

- A pink dressing gown with matching P.J.'s and slippers (which she thought was a coat and sandals!!)

- 1 Ariel sun resistant dress

- Fairy mermaid play set

- Brown hoody with pale blue hearts.

- A crawling centrepede singing "Hello my Baby"

- A red dragon with purse inside

- Socks and underwear

- A pink top with hearts and lady bugs.

- A maroon hand towel with light/dark pink hearts.

- A little stuffed toy.

Crismairy is six years old and this was her very first handwritten letter - quite legible despite the lack of spacing.

"Hello dear sponsor Barbara

Thank you for the gifts that I received. They are all very beautiful and I liked them very much particularly the mermaid playset and your so precious photos. The clothes are very beautiful as are the stuffed toys. I hope you can understand my letter. Kisses from Crismairy."

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Awwww she seems like a little sweet heart! Thats a whole lot of stuff! I am sure she loves it! The one thing I love about getting photos that are not the yearly ones is that I think you get adifferent sense of the child. Two of my kids looked totally different in their family photos then they did in the yearly one!

Unknown said...

That's great! That is a lot of stuff! Did it all fit in one envelope?

Barbara said...

Living in Canada I use Shopper's Drugmart non-disposable bags and never go above 2 kilos and only pay for surface mail since airmail is so expensive from her. With careful packing and weighing it is surprising just how much you can get into each parcel.

On the back of her letter Crismairy also drew a Valentine's drawing of six stick figures (her family) and a separate one which I presumed was meant to be me plus a heart surrounded by coloured spots. I wish I could show it but do not yet have a scanner.

I agree with Lisa that it is great to get photos with DP's particularly in the case of Crismairy who looked like a different child in each annual photo.

Barbara