Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Jaden's Sponsor Girls

Mikerange lives in Juchereau, Haiti and is 7 years old
Leydi lives in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, and is 8 years old.
Vanesah lives in Kampala, Uganda, and she is 7 years old.

Jaden now has a 3rd sponsor child. I wish I had recorded her last night. It was wild to watch her try to pick the 3rd child. She wanted all of them, of course.
Here is how the third one happened:
When I was searching the His Hands for Haiti site for a sponsor child, Jaden saw one that she wanted. Her name is Woobiana. Well, I wasn't 100% sure that she really wanted to sponsor another child, and I knew that I did want one. Of course, I was looking at the boys because I have always had a close bond to the boys. I took on a boy instead of giving her another girl.
Then, I noticed that Woobiana's sponsorship was pending, and then, still pending for awhile. I asked Jamie how long the children remain "pending" before they are released to a different sponsor. When she heard that the original sponsor couldn't take her after all, she contacted me.
When we finally got home from the doctor & pharmacy last night, I showed Jaden Woobiana's picture again. When she heard that she was 8 years old, she said that she would rather have one who is 5. Thus began the process of her trying to figure out who she would sponsor. She narrowed it down to a 4 year old, a 5 year old, a 7 year old, and Woobiana the 8 year old. She said she couldn't decide and just wanted them all (yeah, right!!!) It took her about 20 minutes to finally say that she was making Mikerange her final choice. Whew!
It was strange to see Jaden so confused about who to pick. She is only 5, but she reminded me of the struggle most of us are in. How many times have you seen a child you really wished you could make room for on the budget? Or how many times have you taken on yet another child when you said you could not take another one?
So, that is how that happened, and now Jaden has one more child to write to!

1 comment:

Mack said...

How cute!

Tell Jaden that as soon as she gets a job, she can have all the sponsor kids she wants! I hear that Nike is hiring children her age, if you are willing to relocate to Indonesia?