Saturday, February 6, 2010

Delayed Thank You From Steve's Mexico Trip



Someone at the CI office got shredder happy in late last year. I know this because it happened to more sponsors besides myself. For whatever reason, the photos & original letter from Brayan were shredded after being scanned. I got a very nice memo from the assistant vp (Vickie) today. She apologized for the shredding incident. I am going to see if I can get attachments of the pictures CI took, since only pictures printed on to copy paper were included with the memo and letter.


Anyway, on to the purpose of this post- Here is what was in the package I sent him through Steve:
* 1 bilingual English/Spanish children's laptop

* 1 necklace for his mother

* 1 box of markers

* 2 boxes of crayons

* 2 watercolor paint sets

* 2 bilingual English/Spanish board books

* 2 Magnetic play sets

* 1 Hot Wheels Coloring Book

* 1 small LEGO kit

* 1 sticker book of over 400 Disney Pixar Cars stickers

* 2 lollipops

* 1 outdoor net ball set

And, here is Brayan's letter:
"Dear Heather,
Thank you for the gift that you sent me, dear sponsor. Thank you for the visit from your friend. I liked the gifts a lot. Most of all I liked the computer. I would like for you to come here so that I can know you in person, to spend time with you. I would like for you to meet my family. Well, my family would like to meet you all, too. You have helped us so much.
Thank you for everything.
I say goodbye,
Brayan"

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Awww that is very sweet! So you never got the original things? Do they usually scan everything they send out to us?

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing your wonderful photos. I can't wait to hear how Brayon and his family are doing. They are in my prayers.