Monday, March 29, 2010

Meet Melinda's Child John Bert in the Philippines



A post from Melinda:

This is John and he is the oldest out of my sponsored children. He is 8 years old and will be 9 in November. Him and his four siblings live with their parents in the Philippines. I was happy when I received the new pictures of John in the mail and he was smiling in them,this is the first time I have seen a picture of him smiling. It made my day :). Here is a letter I received from him on Friday.


Dear sponsor,Hello. I wish you good day! I received the special donation you sent to me. How happy I am upon receiving it. Mom and I bought the following things I needed and some things we needed at home and I know that things will help us a lot. We got clothes keeper for our things to keep and rice and groceries. I also had some clothing to add to my things also. Mother got dish drainer for the kitchen. My sincerest thanks for sending me special donation to Children International. Your kindness and genrosity helps me a lot. I hope and pray that God will always guide you and bless you. Thank you very much. Lovingly yours, John Bert

1 comment:

Shay said...

What a very sweet letter! You can tell how much he appreciates these special gifts. Thanks for sharing and God bless.