Friday, March 26, 2010

Meet Sara's Child Sonia in the Dominican Republic

A blog post from Sara S:
I’d like you to meet Sonia. She is 17 years old from Dominican Republic. She is the oldest child in my sponsorship family. I’ve been sponsoring her for about six months. I feel like she and I have formed a great bond despite the short time we’ve been communicating. This is her most recent letter:

“I am writing to tell you that I am fine, and to thank you for keeping me in mind in your life. It is very important for me to be in the 11th grade. Only one year left of high school. To be a professional is one of my goals in life. I do not have any pets, but I would like to have one [this is in response to my sending a picture of my two dogs and me, and asking if she had any pets]. I like the names of your pets.* My parents are very proud to have three children like us. My sister is already in college and the other one finished this year. I hope we continue writing to each other, to learn more about us. Says goodbye with affection and much love.”

*If inquiring minds want to know, the dogs are named Lucy and Lulu. I can’t take credit for their names, they are both adopted (from different shelters) and each came with a name.

1 comment:

Shay said...

A very nice letter! I hope that she accomplishes all of her goals! God bless.