Friday, March 5, 2010

A Letter from Henry in Colombia


I have sponsored Henry for almost 3 years now. He is 9 years old. I was his first sponsor. He is the reason I have taken on so many sponsor children. He is just a sweetheart. His letters are full of details that give me a glimpse into his life, and he is so grateful for every small or large thing. He even makes it a point to wear the clothes I gave him when he poses for pictures.

This is what his latest letter says:

Dear Mrs. McLaughlin,

We hope that you and your family are well. We are well. During vacations, everything went well for me. My uncles (and aunts possibly) took me to spend some time in Barranquilla and other days in Valledupar, which is another city in Colombia. I was at home for Christmas. On Christmas day, we went to visit my father's parents for awhile and then a little while at the mother's parents that live in the same neighborhood as we do. At the last day of the year, we made a special dinner for good luck, and we had a lot of fun. Now, I am about to go back to school, and I am very happy for that. With no more to say, I say good bye with love and affection,

Henry

No comments: