Monday, March 8, 2010

MIC Group Letter~ Orebo Denis Oscar


This is Mack's sponsored student, Oscar. He and a few other students are participating in the MIC group making beads because they can not continue their education for whatever reason. I am working with some ideas that I think may help all of the students, but it will take time to get everything figured out and in place. For now, he will just do the best he can, and participate by making beads to earn a living.

Here is his letter to Mack:

Hi, my sponsor,

How are you? Back to us, we are fine. I am called Orebo Denis Oscar, a Ugandan by nationality, a boy of 21 years old born on the 12th Feb 1989.

I sat my "A" level examination in 2009 and I am still waiting for the results. I don't have any hope of continuing my education because I am having only my mother who is a peasant farmer. She has been struggling to fund my education since I was born, and it has reached a point where she can not manage. My father died when I was still a baby, I was told. Though, I have never seen his face.

Besides the above, I did a combination in "A" level called PEM/E which contains physics, economics, mathematics, and entrepreneurship.

With the grace of God, I have a vision of doing either one of these courses and they are:

Civil Engineering

Accounting

Bachelor of procurement and logistics management.

But my first option is Accounting followed by Civil Engineering.

I would grateful if you consider my letter. These are my hobbies:

playing football

reading stories and novels

prayers

singing gospel songs

bicycle competition

doing calculations

drawing pictures

May the almighty God bless you as you are reading this letter.

Thanks,

Oscar

No comments: