Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Meet Sara's Child Rosa in Ecuador


A post from Sara S:
Hello all! This is Rosa. Rosa is 10 years old, and lives in Ecuador. I’ve been sponsoring her for just about a year. Her 2009 photo is the first annual picture in her album, so I think I am her first sponsor. Her 2010 photo makes her look especially cute.

Rosa's letters are always a nice surprise. I recently received these two letters from her . . .

“I send you a warm greeting and I hope you are doing fine with your family. I feel very happy to receive your letter. Around my house, we have bunnies, doggies and kitties. I like them very much. I went to the beach for the holiday and I had a wonderful time. I want to thank you for the letter that I received. I love the little animals. [My most recent letter to Rosa was sent on a postcard with a picture of Colorado mountain animals on front. I asked her what type of animals live near her.] I want to wish you a happy new year. I send you a very strong hug. May God bless you for your generosity.”

“From the distance I am cordially greeting and wishing your family and you are doing fine. I would like to tell you that I am very joyful because I am back to school where I am going to do my best in order to get excellent grades on each one of my subjects. I like to do my homework and then play with my siblings. On weekends I play at the park and help my mom at home doing house chores. Thank you for the provided benefits, they are a big help for me. I am saying goodbye with a big hug and wishing God blesses your big heart.”

((this second one was a CR (Required) letter, which is probably why it sounds a bit more formal. And, I bet the language about being joyful to be back at school was a suggestion from the teacher ... how many ten year olds that you know would really be “very joyful” to be back to school :) ? ))

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Awww she is beautiful :-)

Mack said...

LOL - "Very joyful" may also be an exaggeration from the translator.