Friday, March 5, 2010

Very Informational Understanding the MIC Group

The picture above shows Hellen visiting the people in the stone quarry.

This is a you tube video that is full of information that will help you understand what the MIC group women and students do if they do not have the MIC group items to make & sell. We are offering a VERY important outlet for these women and students. Without our group, they are stuck in the back-breaking work of the stone quarry. Check out the video here
Most of the items I have posted over the pact week are still available. If you would like to help these women, please look at the items and see what you would like to purchase. So far they have sold:
one of the mama and baby dolls
2 of the tote bags (#6 & #7)
and a few necklaces
Total earned: $68
There are approximately 30 people in this group business, so that money will not go very far. I do have some other outlets that I am trying to sell on, and I am working hard to get these items displayed in multiple locations (not just here).
If you see something that you like, please show your support of this group and purchase the items. 100% of the profits go back to Uganda and are distributed amongst the group that made the items. If you are looking for something in particular, just contact me and let me know what it is. I have not posted pictures of all of the necklaces because there are over 400! I can tell you that I have every color and size imaginable!

No comments: