Friday, March 19, 2010

Who has the most patience?



I went to the mail box today with high hopes of letters or pictures from my kids. There was nothing :o(

I know that we will have lots of pictures and letters soon, but I am not very patient. That is why I write to my children so often, as well as send packages. You would not believe it, but I write at least once a month (I try for twice a month). That is a lot of writing! I know we will be getting the pictures from our Summer packages soon.

So, I have no news to report because I haven't gotten any letters or pictures lately. Instead, I am going to tell you about what Jaden and I have going on for her sponsor children. I have taken the single strand necklaces that the MIC group made and added a charms that says "friends" to them. Jaden is sending one to each of her girls. She is, also, going to send them each a picture of herself with the same necklace on. The letter will go something like this:

"I am giving you this necklace to let you know that you are always in my thoughts. It says "friends" because I consider you a good friend of mine. I have the same necklace. When you are wearing your necklace, you will be reminded that I am wearing a necklace, too. We will always be reminded of each other. Even though we are far away, we can still be close at heart. I love you and send you a BIG hug!"

3 comments:

2raine said...

Very sweet and lovely Jaden. Your friends will really love their gift. They are lucky to have a sweet and warm friend in you. Keep up the great work. You are just like you mommy:)

Tamara

Lisa said...

I am not patient either! I haven't gotten anything in 2 weeks and i've been going nuts! I am waiting on 6 special needs reports and pics and about 8 packages! LOL I know it will come but the waiting is tough.

By the way I LOVE those necklaces your doing for Jadens kids! That is such a great idea!

Unknown said...

I write to my 2 children once a month as well. I know I would be elated if I got a letter once a month. I love the necklace by the way. I thought it was for sell.