Monday, March 8, 2010

Questionnaire from Simbwa Henry for Morgan


Simbwa Henry is Morgan's only sponsor child. They hooked up last August as pen pals, and then, we decided (or I did) that $37 wasn't much to pay to just sponsor him. Morgan has sent him drawings and letters, but we have never gotten anything back. One reason for the lack of letters is that, for example, his mother can not read or write, so there are only a handful of people to help the children write letters.

When Morgan began sponsoring Henry, she chose him because he was 4 and she would be 3 in a few months. Well, typical for Uganda and other countries such as Haiti, Henry has no birthday. However, they do know he was born in 2002, which would mean he either is or will soon be 8!! OK, maybe it's just me, but he doesn't look 8 at all to me. Maybe because he is sitting down, or maybe because since for the past few months I have been thinking he was 4 because that is what I was told.

Anyway, here is Henry's questionnaire:

How old are you: 7

What is your birth date: 2002

How many brothers have you: 2

How many sisters: 0

What is your favorite animal: rabbit

I am 33 inches tall

I weigh 25 kgs

My eyes are: brown

My hair is: black

My favorite food: matooke (bananas)

My favorite game: riding a bike

My favorite thing to do: eat

My favorite color: purple

What do people like about you: I am a good boy. I do not fight.

What things can you do very well: sing

What are some of the ways you show others you care: help them, fetch water, wash plates

Who is your best friend: Mwanguzi Joshua

What other friends do you like to play with: Onyango Erry

1 comment:

Mack said...

Rabbits are very popular animals in Uganda, I see!