Monday, March 22, 2010

Meet Sara's Child Nestor in Honduras





This is a post courtesy of Sara S:
This is Nestor from Honduras. Nestor is 13 and I’ve been sponsoring him for about a year. He lives with a single mother (father is deceased) and a 4-year-old sister. The mother works at a factory but makes very little money – even in comparison to other families in the area. As a Christmas present my folks helped me fund an IGP for Nestor’s family. They are going to build a new room on their house and use it as a grocery store. The pictures show Nestor with some of the building materials. The note from the CI rep says “The construction will begin very soon. The family is truly excited to get the construction started!”

The other good news for this family is that my folks have decided to take on sponsorship of Nestor’s 4-year-old sister Itzel. I am excited that sponsorship has become a family event!

Here is Nestor’s thank you letter:
“I thank you for the special donation that you sent me, thanks to that help I will be able to move on with my family, and I hope that this help will be very successful in my life, and I have received construction materials and I say thank God for giving me a special sponsor like you because you trust in my and my family is thankful with you and I tell you that I am attending eight grade, specially my mom is very happy for the big help that you are providing us, I say good bye very affectionately!”

((one of my favorite letters from Nestor … the complete lack of periods makes him seem very excited indeed! :) )).

1 comment:

Mack said...

I wonder if Nestor goes to the same school as my two boys? Probably not, but it would be cool if they all knew each other!