Sunday, March 28, 2010

Katja's Sponsor Child Ana and her Family





A post from Katja in Germany:
This is Ana and her family. They seem to be really poor, because the house looks very simple. I grew up in an old farm house and Ana's house looks to me like the houses where you used to put working materials. It's unbelievable for me that they live there.
I already told the family that I will do my best to help them with the things they need, but that it is much money for me and that I need to find friends who help me with the money. So it will take some time until I have the money. I think it is important for them to know, that it is not that easy for me to send them the money, because they might feel bad that they are needy. I don't want to be the rich person for them, but prefer being a friend who tries the best to help them.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Your last sentence is I am sure what many sponsors would agree with. Why not add you child's name to Heather's next round of fundraisers? Most of us are not rich but working together we can help each other's projects to help our children.

It is wonderful to be meeting so many new families.

Cheers

Barbara

Shay said...

They look like they have had a hard life and I am sure that they will be grateful for your support in however you can help them. I feel bad when I cannot give as much as I would like to to my sponsored children, but most of us who sponsor are not rich. Many are sacrificing to help their childre. I know how you feel. I agree that adding them to the fundraiser list would help a lot. Thanks for sharing and God bless.