Monday, March 22, 2010

Meet Sara's Child Dayana in Colombia



This is the first introduction to Sara S's kids. I have wondered what they look like & what their personalities are like ever since I got a chance to know their names and countries during the Summer Reading Program. It is awesome to finally be introduced to them! Isn't this one a cutie!?

Sara wrote:
"I have been following MAC and Heather’s blog since December, but have yet to introduce my sponsored kids to the group. I figured I should finally get around to the introductions :) . … So, I am pleased to introduce the lovely Dayana. Dayana is 7 years old and lives in Colombia. I’ve been sponsoring her for about a year.

I sent CI an inquiry to find out if Dayana’s mother (a single mother-seperated) was a good IGP candidate. The letter came back saying a IGP was not the right opportunity for the family but that Dayana would like her own bed (she was previously sharing with two other people), clothing, groceries, etc. So, I sent funds for a Special Needs Gift.

I’d never seen Dayana smile in her annual photos so it was great to see her looking happy. She looks especially happy in the picture with the Nesquik – looks like that might be a favorite food or something :) .

The thank you letter (written by Dayana’s mother) reads:
'Thank you for the gift that my child received: clothing, bed, mattress, food and fan. She is so happy for her gift. Thanks to you she will have a better dream. She is loving child, she is studying. Her parents love her so much. She likes to play with her siblings and play with her dolls. She is good in health; she has fun with her friend in the mornings. Her father takes her to school. On behalf of your sponsored child, I say goodbye.'

((This is the first note from Dayana that mentioned her father. I am happy he is still active in her life even though the parents are separated.))"

Sara, thanks for sharing! I can't wait to meet the rest of them!

1 comment:

melinda85 said...

She is a cutie and has a very pretty smile!